Total Visitors

Sunday 24 July 2011

Birthday Business


V and I celebrated his birthday with dinner at Bistro 101 in Granville Island a couple weeks ago. It's runned by the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts and all the food is prepared by students. Basically, we enjoyed a fine dining experience without the fine dining prices. The Groupon coupon that V found made it even sweeter deal. Overall, the service, food, and presentation were all fantastic!



Hanging out at Granville Island during the day


The restaurant had a very calming atmosphere. V mentioned that they had just recently renovated, which really upped the level of sophistication.


My appetizer and entree: halibut and steak


The highlight was definitely my dessert that was almost too pretty to eat! It was a burger made from a sweet pastry as the bun, strawberries as tomatoes, melon and kiwi slices as lettuce, white chocolate as cheese, and a piece of brownie as the patty. Creative eh? And surprisingly tasty! It came complete with fries made of shortbread and sweet fruity dipping sauces. MmmMmm.




I also had a mini birthday celebration of my own with some friends last week. It feels weird to think that I'm already in my mid-twenties! Not long until I reach the big three oh! Good thing 30 is the new 20 nowadays...

Dinner was at Felico's and it was great! Greek food never disappoints :) I want to thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday and those who made it to dinner. I had a wonderful time and I hope you all did too!


A few snapshots from dinner:


L: Me with V and A - all smiles
R: Ly and Ernz chowin' down


L: G waiting anxiously to start eating
R: Photo op with J and Winf, my weekend girls. Love you!



L: With Cin and Lyds
R: Paparazzi shot - when you least expect it


L: The Famous Platter that V and I shared
R: BCIT buddies




Thanks for all the love :)



1 comment:

  1. Kinda late to comment, but hope you had a really great birthday =) The lipstick looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete