Total Visitors

Saturday 18 June 2011

tis the season




.. of graduation ceremonies!

Earlier today was my sissy's high school graduation convocation. The event was held at the UBC Chan Centre (just like my high school grad x number of years ago! **note, my sis and I graduated from different high schools!) and the ceremony alone lasted a total of 3 hours.

At 4:30pm, my family and I headed out for UBC only to discover 15mins later that sissy had left behind a piece of her gown! We then had to drive all the way back home to get it, and the rush hour traffic did not help! And of course, my parents were not pleased. Sissy became irritated with the thought that she would not have enough time to take pictures with all her friends. Luckily, we arrived at the rose garden with about 40 mins for pictures. I somehow ended up with the role of the photographer and fortunately, the lighting was absolutely perfect! It was a bright day but definitely not too sunny. At around 6:30pm, we headed into the Chan centre to get seated. I don't know why we didn't think to walk a little faster because we ended up sitting high up on the second floor where the view was not the best. Overall, the ceremony was long but I appreciated the effort of the grads and the faculty to make it as enjoyable as possible.

Some photos from the day:


L: Parents with B
R: Seastars



L: B getting a grad smooch
R: B and her besties



L: B receiving her scholarships
R: The graduation stage




L: Graduation Winnie the Pooh
R: Grads of '11



Congrats, B!

No comments:

Post a Comment